Wednesday, August 27, 2014

"Bun Huggers"


As if running hasn't made me stray from my comfort zone enough, this will be an interesting challenge for me.

Growing up, I always was self conscious of my legs. Even in the hottest days of summer, going out with my friends, I would wear jeans. I felt that my legs were too big, and my friends would question my clothing options, and I would walk around the question with some excuse.

Looking back on this now, I feel completely ridiculous. Instead of shaming myself for having toned legs, I should have embraced them! As I've gotten older, I've learned to be more confident with my body image. I receive so many compliments on how defined my legs are, and how toned my arms are, and through running and circuit training, you really do get some killer abs.

This Friday marks my first race as a college athlete. We're hosting a 4K at our home course, and it will be the first time I get to wear our "super cool uniforms"! These uniforms are nothing like the one's from high school, instead of the really awkward track shorts from the 70's where the slits on the side go a little too high up, we have the great opportunity of wearing "Bun Huggers"! AKA Socially acceptable underwear!

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Bun huggers are the coolest running gear ever! My team had a vote last year two switch to them instead of shorts as they're more comfortable and look more professional. Hope the track team will go with the same decision too for the summer season.

    ReplyDelete