Friday, August 29, 2014

Elmhurst Earlybird 4K

So today's race, at our home course, is described by my coach as being "Practice with our uniforms on." and we will be running this "practice" with approximately 106 other women from other colleges in our conference.

This morning I have a little bit of mixed feelings on how I should approach this race. I know I shouldn't approach it like I'm running in the State Championships, and go all out. But as a race where I try to do my best, and run smart.

 In order to "run smart" all I have to do is have a good start and get out there, maintain my pace throughout, move up to the top of the pack, and have a strong finish.

 As long as I can say that I tried my best to achieve these goals, I know that I've had a good race, and will be satisfied with my performance.    

No comments:

Post a Comment